Around 100-150 calories per serving:
- Good for digestion
- High Vitamin B6
- High Fibre
Serves: 1 salad
- 1/2 cup brown rice or cauliflower rice
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1/2 can of corn
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 1 tsp of garlic (minced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 lime (juice)
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper (seasoned to taste)
- A few plain tortilla chips (crumbled)
- 1/2 avocado (mashed) mixed with olive oil (as a dressing)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the avocado into the salad bowl and toss the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the crushed tortilla chips over the salad for some texture.
Tip: If you need some added protein, this salad goes great with spicy chicken or boiled eggs with chilli flakes!