Around 250 calories per serving (not including rice):
- High protein
- High Vitamin A
- Relieves nausea
- 800 g chicken mince
- Sesame Oil (to cook with and also to drizzle over of prior to serving)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 brown onions (diced)
- 2 gloves garlic
- 4 x large carrots
- 4 x large zucchini
- 2 tablespoons of dried chilli flakes
- A bunch of spring onions (chopped)
- Lettuce (as cups to serve with)
- A bunch of coriander (for garnish)
- Fried shallots (for garnish)
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Basmati rice or cauliflower rice (as desired)
- In a medium-high heat, cook chicken mince in sesame oil until just undercooked. Remove from wok.
- Brown onions, garlic, carrots and zucchini (in this order) with sesame oil until soft. Re-add the chicken mince alongside the soy sauce, chilli flakes and spring onion.
- Once mixture is cooked, serve with basmati/cauliflower rice or lettuce cups and top with fried shallots, sesame seeds and coriander.
Tip: This recipe is low-fat, using chicken mince instead of pork mince, so if you feel some fat is needed try cooking the chicken mince in some margarine or butter as opposed to sesame oil.