Around 250-300 calories per serving (not including rice):
- High protein
- High calcium
- High iron
- 800 g chicken thigh fillet (cubed)
- 2 brown onions (cut into wedges)
- 100g of green curry paste
- 200g of canned bamboo shoots
- 600ml ‘lite’ coconut milk
- 4 large zucchini (diced)
- ¼-½ lime (juice)
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- Basmati or cauliflower rice (as desired)
- Fry onion and zucchini in deep pot until slightly undercooked.
- Add in the chicken on medium-high heat in until slightly undercooked (golden). Remove the cooked vegetables and slightly undercooked chicken off the heat.
- Fry the curry paste in a pan until fragrant and then add in the vegetable and chicken medley.
- After a few minutes add in the coconut milk and bamboo shoots and bring to the boil. Add in the lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cooked basmati or cauliflower rice.
Tip: Freeze for a later time!