Your reusable solution for keeping insulin cool on the move!
The Glucology® Cooler Pouch: Vial Pouch (Medium) is an
- Keep insulin cool for up to 40-hours per activation
- Activate simply by immersing in cold water
- Light and compact, perfect for travel
- Reusable- activate again and again
- 12- month warranty from purchase
advanced cooling pouch designed to keep insulin cool and safe from high temperatures. Once activated with cool water, Glucology® Cooler Bags will keep insulin below the safe temperature range of 28˚C for up to 40 hours. The pouch can be 'reactivated' to provide continuous safe storage conditions for subsequent periods of 40 hours for up to 28 days, which is usually the life of in-use insulin.-
Glucology® Vial Pouch (Medium) holds:
• 2x Syringes and 2x 5ml Vials; or
• 2x Syringes and 1 x 10ml Vial; or
• 2x 10ml Vials; or • 4x 5ml Vials.
Dimensions of inner cooling pouch:
• 120mm (Long) x 95mm (Wide) - Includes: •
Outer cover; and •
Inner pouch made up of with panels containing crystals (non-toxic and non-flammable). So simple to use!
Cleaning and Storage:
- Immerse the inner pouch containing the crystals in cold water to soak the Glucology® Vial Pouch (medium) for 5-6 minutes.
- While soaking, make sure the crystals are spread evenly inside the pouch.
- Remove pouch from soaking water. Place on a flat surface and allow to drain for 5 minutes.
- Gently dry the cooler bag using tissues or a towel.
- When mostly dry, place the medication in the cooler bag and the activated pouch the outer cover of the cooler bag. For continuous safe storage, the pouch should be re-immersed in water every 40 hours or sooner if the quantity of gel reduces and it starts returning to its crystal form.
- When in continuous use, 2-3 minutes of immersion in water will be sufficient, depending on the size of the pouch.
- If not used continuously, store Glucology® Pen Pouch in until next use.
Please Note: Insulin must be at the manufacturer's recommended temperature before being placed in the Glucology® Cooler Bags. Please check the manufacturer's information inserts for your specific medication.