Check out this oat pancake recipe - great for the upcoming school holidays.
Around 200 calories for 2 pancakes (depending on size):
- High antioxidant
- Stablises blood sugar
- Can lower cholesterol
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1 cup milk (of your choice)
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Sugar free syrup/peanut butter/fruit/coconut shavings/nuts (as toppings)
- Blend oats in a blender until flour-like consistency.
- Combine oats, salt, baking powder and cinnamon - mix well.
- Whisk egg, vanilla extract and milk together before adding to the dry mixture.
- Heat up pan on medium-high heat and pour in ¼ cup batter.
- Cook until bubbles form before flipping. Around 1-2 minutes per pancake.
- Finish with toppings of your choice!
Tip: Emma and Kavita, from our Sydney team, tried out this recipe beforehand. Check it out below! Emma recommends adding in chia seeds to the mixture for some added Omega 3 and topping with some shaved coconut, whilst Kavita topped her pancakes with a drizzle of honey and some blueberries on the side.