Fancy something aromatic and fragrant for lunch or dinner? Check-out this simple green curry recipe!
Around 250-300 calories per serving (not including rice):
- High protein
- High calcium
- High iron
- 800 g chicken thigh fillet (cubed)
- 2 brown onions (cut into wedges)
- 100g of green curry paste
- 200g of canned bamboo shoots
- 600ml ‘lite’ coconut milk
- 4 large zucchini (diced)
- ¼-½ lime (juice)
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- Basmati or cauliflower rice (as desired)
- Fry onion and zucchini in deep pot until slightly undercooked.
- Add in the chicken on medium-high heat in until slightly undercooked (golden). Remove the cooked vegetables and slightly undercooked chicken off the heat.
- Fry the curry paste in a pan until fragrant and then add in the vegetable and chicken medley.
- After a few minutes add in the coconut milk and bamboo shoots and bring to the boil. Add in the lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cooked basmati or cauliflower rice.
Tip: Freeze for a later time!
IBD Medical was born in Sydney Australia. Our mission is to help improve the lives of people living with diabetes by providing the best possible support products and information.
Remember to always seek advice from your medical practitioner before changing anything about your diabetes management. The above information is not medical advice.