Check out this veggie loaded lunch! Great for those chilly days.
Around 150 calories per serving (not including cauliflower rice/rice noodles):
- High protein
- Immune system boosting
- High vitamin A
- 800 g chicken thigh fillet (cubed)
- 1-1.5L of chicken stock
- ½ cup of water (optional)
- 400g carrot (diced)
- 400g zucchini (diced)
- 400g celery (diced)
- 2 brown onions (diced)
- 180g ginger (grated)
- ½ bunch of parsley (finely chopped)
- Spring onion (to garnish)
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- Olive oil (to cook)
- Rice noodles or cauliflower rice (as desired)
- Fry chicken on medium-high heat in some olive oil in deep pot until slightly golden. Remove from pot.
- Brown carrots, onion, zucchini and celery (in this order). Add chicken back to pot once vegetable medley is soft.
- After 2 minutes of cooking the ingredients altogether on the medium-high heat, add in the chicken stock (if you like it really soupy add the full 1.5L), water (optional) and grated ginger.
- Keep on a low simmer for 1 hour, stirring the pot every 5-10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the spring onion and parsley.
- Serve with the veggie/chicken soup with cooked rice noodles or cauliflower rice.
Tip: If possible, use fresh chicken to cook this recipe - using thawed raw chicken with make the chicken taste dry.