Indulge in a delightful culinary experience with our Stir-Fried Shrimp and Vegetable Brown Rice Bowl. Packed with vibrant colours and bold flavours, this recipe seamlessly combines succulent shrimp, crisp vegetables, and nutty brown rice. The careful fusion of sesame oil, ginger, and garlic creates a symphony of tastes in every bite. Not only does it tantalise your taste buds, but it also offers a well-balanced nutritional profile. Discover a dish that's not only delicious but also diabetes-friendly, with controlled calories, protein-packed shrimp, and a harmony of essential nutrients. Join us in the kitchen as we embark on a journey to create a wholesome meal that's as satisfying as it is nourishing.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- In a wok or large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, ginger, and garlic, and stir-fry until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the wok and set aside.
- In the same wok, add a bit more sesame oil if needed.
- Add broccoli, bell pepper, carrot, and green onions to the wok. Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Combine Shrimp and Vegetables:
- Return the cooked shrimp to the wok and toss with the stir-fried vegetables.
Add Brown Rice:
- Stir in the cooked brown rice, breaking up any clumps and ensuring it is well mixed with the shrimp and vegetables.
Season with Soy Sauce:
- Drizzle low-sodium soy sauce over the mixture. Stir well to evenly distribute the flavours. Adjust the soy sauce to taste.
Cook and Serve:
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional sliced green onions if desired.
Nutrition Information (per serving, approximate):
- Calories: 300-350 kcal
- Protein: 25-30g
- Carbohydrates: 30-35g
- Dietary Fiber: 4-6g
- Sugars: 3-4g
- Fat: 8-10g
- Cholesterol: 150-180mg
- Sodium: 400-500mg
By embracing this recipe, you've not only treated yourself to a culinary delight but also taken a step towards mindful eating and a healthier lifestyle. Remember, each carefully measured ingredient contributes to a harmonious blend of taste and wellness. We hope this dish becomes a cherished addition to your repertoire of wholesome recipes.
The content of this Website or Blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website or Blog.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 (in the US) or 000 (in Australia) immediately, call your doctor, or go to the emergency room/urgent care.
*Disclaimer: This email and its recipes are produced for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, expertise or treatment. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new health program or diet. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any suggestions or recipes herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. This nutritional information comes from online calculators. IBD Medical attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, figures like estimated nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, calories, fat, carbs, etc. are provided as a courtesy and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The reader is solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate. IBD Medical is not responsible for adverse reactions, consequences or effects, resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein, or procedures undertaken hereafter. This email is not intended as nutritional advice and readers of this website are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to their health. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the particular ingredients that are used in recipes.