Indulge in a delicious and nutritious meal with our Turkey and Bean Protein-Packed Salad. Designed to yield four servings, each portion of this satisfying dish is not only flavourful but also mindful of your nutritional needs. Packed with lean protein, vibrant vegetables, and a zesty dressing, this salad is a perfect way to repurpose leftover turkey into a refreshing and health-conscious meal.
- Leftover cooked turkey, diced: about 1 cup (about 150g)
- Canned beans (e.g., black beans, chickpeas), rinsed and drained: about 1 cup (about 200g)
- Cherry tomatoes, halved: about 1 cup (about 150g)
- Cucumber, diced: about 1/2 cup (about 100g)
- Red onion, thinly sliced: about 1/4 cup (about 40g)
- Fresh herbs (e.g., cilantro, parsley): about 2 tablespoons (about 10g)
- Olive oil: about 1 tablespoon (about 14g)
- Lemon juice: about 2 tablespoons (about 30g)
- Salt and pepper to taste: about 1/4 teaspoon each (about 1.5g each)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced turkey, beans, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and fresh herbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to create a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavours meld together.
- Serve chilled as a refreshing and protein-packed salad.
- Remember to consult with your healthcare team or a registered dietitian to ensure that these recipes align with your individual dietary needs and diabetes management plan.
Dietary Fiber: 8g
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Please note that the nutrition information provided is approximate and may vary based on specific ingredients and portion sizes used. It's always a good idea to double-check the nutritional content of the specific brands and quantities you use.
The content of this Website or Blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website or Blog.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 (in the US) or 000 (in Australia) immediately, call your doctor, or go to the emergency room/urgent care.
*Disclaimer: This email and its recipes are produced for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, expertise or treatment. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new health program or diet. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any suggestions or recipes herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. This nutritional information comes from online calculators. IBD Medical attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, figures like estimated nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, calories, fat, carbs, etc. are provided as a courtesy and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The reader is solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate. IBD Medical is not responsible for adverse reactions, consequences or effects, resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein, or procedures undertaken hereafter. This email is not intended as nutritional advice and readers of this website are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to their health. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the particular ingredients that are used in recipes.