Explore the delightful combination of flavours and health benefits with our Zucchini Noodles with Pesto recipe. This dish harmoniously blends the freshness of zucchini with the richness of homemade pesto, creating a nutrient-packed meal that caters to both your taste buds and well-being. Low in carbohydrates and bursting with vibrant colours, this recipe offers a symphony of textures and tastes in every bite.
- 4 medium-sized zucchinis
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the Zucchini Noodles:
- Wash the zucchinis and trim the ends. Use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles or use a vegetable peeler to make wide ribbons. If using a spiralizer, follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Toast the Pine Nuts:
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the pine nuts until they are lightly golden. Be careful not to burn them. Set aside.
Make the Pesto:
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, basil, toasted pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese (if using). Pulse until well combined.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour in the olive oil until the pesto reaches your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the Zucchini Noodles:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a small amount of olive oil.
- Sauté the zucchini noodles for 2-3 minutes, just until they are heated through but still have a bit of crunch. Be cautious not to overcook, as zucchini noodles can become mushy.
Combine and Serve:
- Toss the zucchini noodles with the cherry tomatoes in the skillet.
- Add the freshly made pesto and toss until the noodles are evenly coated.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh basil if desired.
- Calories: Approximately 250-300 kcal
- Protein: 5-7g
- Carbohydrates: 10-15g
- Dietary Fiber: 3-5g
- Sugars: 5-8g
- Fat: 20-25g
- Cholesterol: 0-5mg
- Sodium: 100-200mg
This recipe is rich in flavour, low in carbohydrates, and provides plenty of nutrients from the vegetables and herbs. Adjust the portion size according to your dietary needs, and feel free to customise the recipe with additional vegetables or protein sources as desired. Always consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian for personalised advice based on your specific health needs.
The content of this Website or Blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website or Blog.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 (in the US) or 000 (in Australia) immediately, call your doctor, or go to the emergency room/urgent care.
*Disclaimer: This email and its recipes are produced for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, expertise or treatment. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new health program or diet. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any suggestions or recipes herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. This nutritional information comes from online calculators. IBD Medical attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, figures like estimated nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, calories, fat, carbs, etc. are provided as a courtesy and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The reader is solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate. IBD Medical is not responsible for adverse reactions, consequences or effects, resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein, or procedures undertaken hereafter. This email is not intended as nutritional advice and readers of this website are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to their health. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the particular ingredients that are used in recipes.